View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 07:52 PM

Jeff

I'm glad that you enjoyed the show.

It was a wonderful but also very strange experience. First, the beautiful home that I am shown living in is in fact not my house. Its a home that viewers allowed to be used as a filming location in Cooperstown. The show fly me in on a Wed night but me up in the local Holiday Inn and did the filming on Thursday. Even though I only appear on camera for maybe a minute the filming took the better part of a day. The crew was great to work with and very patient. The conclusion of the story was not reveled until the end of the day. After the revel they then told me some of the info that they found and detailed the interviews that they conducted. I got to stay in Cooperstown until the Afternoon on Friday and was able to go through the Hall of Fame. After I got back to Milwaukee, the show emailed copies of alot of the materials they used which was very appreciated.

I was told when the show would be on but I was not shown the video until it aired-- I was a bit nervous-- but they did a great job of making me seem prepared and composed.

In all it was a great experience and I find it very rewarding that I was in a small way able to contribute to a program which educated a lot of people about a forgot part of the games past-- it was great to see the Negro League Footage and hear about the Newark Eagles. Also I got mentioned on Rob Neyers Blog - though he didn't seem to find the story very significant

Jason