View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 09:39 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
It bothers me too. I sometimes email them and obviously get no response. They all know exactly the scam they are running. I don’t know how people live with themselves, but that is society nowadays.
I emailed someone about this a couple weeks back and they actually updated their listing. I expected a snarky response but all I got was "ok" and when I checked the listing was revised.

But I agree...I've noticed many more recently. I was always thankful reproductions hadn't really made their way into the pennant hobby. They've pretty much ruined the card hobby. Just about any card you search on eBay will have unauthorized fakes in the search results.

Don't know if I ever posted about it on here, but I bought a "rare" Packers pennant from a guy in Canada. It looked a little weird but it was the Packers so I took a shot. The thing was made out of fuzzy construction paper that he called "felt" and literally looked like he made it in his basement using supplies from Michaels.

He didn't offer returns, but when I threatened to open a "not as described" case with eBay...the first response was defensive and resistant. But after opening the case, someone else reached out to me and couldn't have been more cooperative. In fact, he refunded my money without me even sending it back. I didn't want it, so I did send it back...and once he received, he sent me another $10 for the return shipping cost. He's got others listed now. I see multiple teams and sports. They are junk. I also noticed he's dropped his asking prices pretty significantly.