View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by con40 View Post
All 1958 Topps Aarons are faded. Maybe the first few were unintentional finds in card shops where the octogenarian owner left his inventory in the window for a decade, but since then, several of these have popped up with different shades of blue (cyan ink).

If the yellow was truly omitted from just one card on the sheet (really?) then that blue would be just solid cyan ink and would look the same all the time since it's just solid ink.

If the yellow had been omitted from even a portion of the print plate, then we'd see more "yellowless" 58s out there. News flash.... there are no others! Hmmm, what does that tell us?

Think about the 1982 Topps "Blackless". The omission of the black ink affected 132 cards and is pretty universal in appearance on the affected cards and there are multiple copies of each card int he marketplace that all look alike.

1958 Topps Hank Aaron authentic "yellowless" is a unicorn.
^^I 100% agree.^^ There are a lot of things I don't know about cards but I am an expert in this small area. I have never seen a real 58 Aaron Blue error card and that includes everyone pictured on Net54 and the ones I have seen on eBay/internet. This particular year just fades super easy.

In hand when you know what to look for they stick out like a sore thumb.