View Single Post
Old 02-15-2022, 09:45 AM
J@E R1T0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
I'm not as good as math as I should be nor do I have any way of saying this other than instinct but,...

for those who were hoping for $20-25 submission prices in 2022 think again. With the shows PSA will be setting up at (For example Long Beach this weekend) and the cards which are submitted from members of their club (not even counting group submissions) so.,.

It will be at least till January of 2023 if not later before we see some return to normalcy for PSA. At least we can guesstimate from all the information but that's just my supposition.

Rich
Rich, no fears, I just reviewed a copy of PSA's strategy to reduce the backlog to SOP in 60 days. Here's the highlights:

-1 Install a random number generator that spits out grades on a PSA label by simply pulling down an arm, much like a slot machine. No review of the actual card will be needed. Statistics from the test showed that the grade output is within a single grade of a card graded by a trained professional 58% of the time - good enough for PSA!

-2 Hire a trained chimp named "Alfie" to box all shipments immediately after slabbing. His match up rate of customer-to-order is an astounding 44%, or about a 10% improvement over current processes.

-3 Eliminate the QA process. PSA customer polling reveals that most customers don't mind a stray hair or dust bunny being slabbed with their $5,000 card. Also, revenue is forecasted to increase 8%, given that many "picky" customers will pay for a reslab.

What an amazing business plan PSA!!! Thank God Joe Orlando "retired." Now you can really get some things done!

Love the late 1800’s Boston Beaneaters and the early Boston Red Sox (1903-1918)!

Also collecting any and all basketball memorabilia.

Last edited by Dead-Ball-Hitter; 02-15-2022 at 09:48 AM.