View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 10:24 AM

Default DS Glow Back Follow Up

OK guys, I realize this is kind of lame - responding to your own post, not once but twice - before anyone else responds. However, I have gone over 4,970 cards and have found 8 non-glow back DS cards. I am about halfway done. I guess I have more DS cards than I thought. Sigh...

Noteworthy is that 1 card is a fake. A pretty good fake - but a fake nevertheless. There is a lot of confusing information out there on fakes so I thought I would post a JPEG with details on why it is a fake for educational purposes. The main tell tale sign is the tip of the palm leaf does comes down between the E & R of "Operation" and the stars in the flag are fuzzy. The gold embossing is not as sharp as on a true DS card and the card happens to be of Wade Boggs on Sheet A. As we have discussed many times before Sheet A DS cards have a bold "40th Anniversary" logo; this card doesn't and is clearly a variation of the regular 1991 Topps issue. The faker just used the wrong variation of 1991 card. The card is clearly a fake.

Zach Wheat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1991 DS Fake Logo.jpg (79.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 1991 Fake Logo.JPG (60.0 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by Zach Wheat; 01-14-2014 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Add image