View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 02:33 AM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I think Doug has read me wrong as much as I have him.
Nope.

With no disrespect intended to you Justin, I didn't read you wrong because I haven't read the entirety of any of your posts. The reason that I often remove the name of the person I quote when I respond is because I do not mean my statements to be aimed directly at that person, I mean them to be aimed at anyone who agrees with the quote I'm responding to.

My thoughts on "third party graders" as many like to call them, but who I prefer to call "the people who get paid for their opinions" was pretty much summed up in my second post to this thread, which I will repeat here :

Quote:
The existence of "the people who get paid for their opinions" has contributed more to the "death of the hobby" than all the flip sellers in the world combined.
That's a pretty straight forward statement who's meaning can't be misunderstood.

Quote:
Oh wait, maybe I misunderstood what you meant, do "the people who get paid for their opinions" charge $25?
That's a joke, referencing the previous statement.

Quote:
I won't even comment on the words "reliable grading services" being used in conjunction with the words "to offer assurance".
Another joke, again referencing the first statement.

Quote:
When it comes to getting paid opinions on my stuff, I always think the best option would be Dmitri Young, he seems to have an eye for great cards.
Another joke. I LOVE mentioning Dmitri in any conversation about paid opinions, because if you know your paid opinion history, then you know that Mr. Young was pretty good at getting higher quality opinions on his cards than the previous owners of the same cards. Of course, those of you who collect opinions, and consider the cards themselves to be secondary, probably missed the humor.

The great thing about my jokes is that they all make me laugh, and because I believe that a joke that makes anybody laugh is by definition a funny joke, that means all of my jokes are funny. To me. I don't really give a shit about what anybody else thinks.

Except for Al. I like it when I think Al is getting a grin on his face as he watches me do my Public Enemy impersonation.

Al didn't get that one, he's going to have to google that one (sorry Al). They're a rap act, who are also members of the Rock & Roll HOF

Good night,
Doug "paid opinions are the worst thing to happen to the hobby since Upper Deck introduced chase cards" Goodman

PS - The irony of me posting such a long post after admitting to not reading Justin's long posts is not lost on me, but will be lost on many of you because you didn't read far enough to make it to this sentence.