View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 09:06 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
Years ago, my wife worked the customer service desk at a K-Mart. Woman came in to do a return on some jewelry she didn't want. Hands my wife the box - and it's empty. My wife refuses the return and the woman flips out. Kept arguing she should get the return because she "didn't the jewelry". My wife eventually called a manager who had the same discussion. They did not end up doing the return. Unreal.
When my sister worked for K mart, they would try to turn down some returns. But what would happen then was the person would call corporate, and corporate would call the store and threaten the managers job or review, and basically force the return. So they essentially gave up

Stuff returned
An obviously used still wet toilet brush.
Used toothbrushes.
A TV that had the entire works removed and replaced with works that were 30 years older. (That was actually pretty impressive)

A lot of contractors around here buy extra building materials and return what they don't use. Or buy tools, use them carefully and then return them. The guy I had doing some work for me (Extra good deal, I basically worked for him and eventually with him) Suggested that on a tile cutter. I told him that wasn't happening as I don't return stuff unless it's got an actual problem. And if he insisted, I'd do the job myself and he could go home.