View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 09:23 PM

Do you need an app for to use your phone as a remote? I’m not familiar with them either, but I’m sure you’ll figure it out. You know, as long as your happy with the sound, thats all that matters. The whole exposed rubber belt doesn’t sound right though. Those are usually hidden below the table that holds the record.

Oh yes, rereleasing records is BIG right now. The sales of vinyl have gone up every year for the past 10 years. Black Friday was Record Store Day and they released a bunch of records at record stores, including rereleases. I saw a Doors live album available and I picked up a Queen We Are the Champions/We Will Rock You 12” single. Here’s a link to what was released for Record Store Day.

http://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/558

Ive purchased a few different rereleases and dont have any complaints. They are heavier, usually 180 gram, so I’d assume they hold up better. But Ive had no issues with quality or sound. But then again, Ive only got a few new records, most of mine are older originals.

My wife and I ran into our local Goodwill this morning and I scored a nice set of Bose speakers for $6. My stereo is a Frankenstein system but it sounds pretty sweet. Now it sounds just a little bit better.