View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 05:57 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

I just wanted to throw my $.02 in on the PWE shipping.

I deal mainly with tickets and for tickets under $30 I usually mail them in PWE. But I wanted to give everyone a heads up on doing this.

When you mail in padded envelopes they go first class and get tracking for free. They also get HAND SORTED and put a bar code sticker on it at the counter so there is never any issues if you put in some cardboard or extra padding.

When you mail in PWE the envelope gets MACHINE SORTED. OK here is what you need to remember, the machine that it goes through puts a small bar code at the bottom on the envelope to help in machine sorting. The letters must pass through a narrow slot to go through this process. IF YOU PUT TOO MUCH PADDING IN THE EVELOPE IT WILL GET STUCK AND DAMAGED! Cardboard will almost always cause an issues. The best thing to do is use postcard type paper on both side of the card and only put it in a flimsy type loader. I also tape it to one of the postcards to keep it from flopping around.

So remember if you are usuaing padded envelopes, go crazy with protection. If using PWE stay skinny or you seriously risk dammage in the machines! I got a PWE last month that was torn and nothing in it! They lost 4 rare tickets because the machine ate it up.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears