View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 10:10 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

The fitting humorous statement on his passing: It is believed that Redbone pre-wrote the farewell message posted on his website announcing his death. Even if he did not, it was a fitting tribute filled with deadpan humor: “Leon Redbone crossed the delta for that beautiful shore at the age of 127." "He departed our world with his guitar, his trusty companion Rover, and a simple tip of his hat. He's interested to see what Blind Blake, Emmett, and Jelly Roll have been up to in his absence, and has plans for a rousing sing along number with Sári Barabás.”…

What they said about him: "Leon interests me. I've heard he's anywhere from 25 to 60, I've been [a foot and a half from him] and I can't tell, but you gotta see him. He does old Jimmie Rodgers, then turns around and does a Robert Johnson." – Bob Dylan in 1974 to Rolling Stone

"He's probably the best combination of singer-guitarist I've ever heard." - Bonnie Raitt

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente