View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 05:06 PM

Default Anything ever come from this?

I saw this thread from 4 years ago and thought I'd check to see if anyone has any updated information.
I recently put together a 1983 Donruss master set and was under the impression that there were 3 variations of this card - wrong spelling on both sides, correct spelling on both sides, and correct on front and wrong on back.
I'd swear the place I found this information was Trading Card Database which listed 3 Smith variations, and I'd lay money down that they actually had an image of the correct spelling on the reverse. I checked back and they now show only two - am I going crazy? That was the only place I ever saw evidence of a 3rd version with the name correct on both sides.
Now, all they show is the wrong spelling on both sides, and the correct on front, wrong on back version that all other sources support.
So, unless someone on this forum has other information, I'll consider my set complete without a Smith that has the correct spelling on both sides.

I SWEAR that site has been updated to remove an earlier image of the name spelled correctly on the reverse...maybe it's just age.