Thread: March Pick-Ups:
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 10:14 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
... reminds me of my Kuzava, which, to this day is a grade I can't figure out.
Is that some very light spider-creasing through the top of Kuzava's hat? If not, could it be something in the scan?

Wrinkles that can be very difficult to see are usually one of the first suspects on otherwise very nice cards that come back a 5 and surprise you. Mostly they are on the back, but I've seen some 5's that have multiple light wrinkles on the front.

If it's none of the above, then who knows. I've seen a lot of 6's lately that could be 7's. I've argued for a while now that PSA should have some type of service - maybe even make it premium - where the grade your card got is explained in a paragraph or something like that, if they aren't going to do sub-grades like Beckett does for the newer cards. I guess they would see that as skewing their business model, and it would only add to their already ridiculous turnaround times, however. I don't know. I think that back in the early days of TPG's, PSA was probably on par with SGC in terms of strictness. Here lately they seem to be harsher graders - particularly with vintage - to prove some kind of point. Everything seems to be more of a game anymore than taken at face value...

Last edited by jchcollins; 03-29-2018 at 10:15 AM.