View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
I absolutely agree that it is unique - and unique is not good because you need a unique buyer for it. Since neither is in the HOF you are looking for a Yankee collector who would buy a ball with 2 Yankee icons who have nothing to do with each other.

Recently on eBay a couple of similar condition Mantle and Maris balls have sold -one for 1125 and another sold for a best offer with asking price of $2k. If I can get a very desirable ball for the low 1000s then I would happily sell this ball in my shop for 600-800 if I could find someone willing to take it. Balls like this scare me because they can sit on a shelf for years with no interest. In that time you have to hope those autographs don’t get worse.
unique it is ,was also told that George called Roger Maris in 1977 to attend the 1977Yankees Old Timer game in the south Bronx and it was the first time they got back together in years .if true maybe it was there it was sighned, thought that was kind nice ,sense the ball was dated 1977.ty for the help appreciated always

Last edited by stan1001; 09-06-2019 at 06:41 AM.