View Single Post
Old 09-17-2002, 12:16 AM
Administrator

Default I'm surprised at everyone's patience

Posted By: Dr.Koos

...a "heads up". You never know who you're emailing. You could be giving a concerned "heads up" to a friendly SHILL of the seller, or even the seller himself under another handle, in which case the well-intended warning could be CC'ed straight to Safe Harbor along with a complaint by the seller and you've committed a rule "infraction" by doing a good deed. I used to do this a number of years ago. As a matter of fact only when absolutely certain of a problem with the item, sending several Ebayers that I already "knew" by email, a note of their bidding on reprint cards made to appear old (Goudey Guy..a 33G Ruth, John from the old Fullcount Board..a T206 Cobb believe it or not, and a 33G autographed Dizzy Dean card, etc.). Sometimes we look too quickly or get distracted and all were appreciative of the quick "heads up" and acted on it by not advancing their bid against an unmet reserve or retracting, BUT, I took a BIG chance of getting suspended by doing that and CHOSE PRUDENTLY who I contacted, knowing that the info would be most likely kept confidential. What's said here is public domain but Ebay sees it as vigilante-ism if you "spam" a bidder and you ARE taking a chance of getting suspended if they so choose.