View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 03:06 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezHood View Post
Thanks Jeff P. - its crazy, but I found myself rooting against the Cardinals because of the Maroons - I'm not even 100% on the side that the Maroons should get the title (I do feel they were the best team of the season though) - I'd be ok with something like "1925 - no title awarded" in the record books.
I've done a lot of research on this issue and unfortunately am not sure Pottsville has any claim to the title . However the situation is sooo convoluted that I think designating co-champs would have been something that would have appeased Pottsville and put an end to the entire saga. Unfortunately, the Bidwell's were not willing to allow even that to occur.

I don't understand why it's such a big deal to them. The original owner of the Cards (Chris O'Brien) didn't even want the championship and turned it down as he said they hadn't won it on the field. Therefore I root for the curse and hope their team never wins!

I'm thinking about doing an article on the curse for Gridiron Greats sometime in the coming year. Been thinking about it ever since it became clear the Cards would be one of the favorites to go to the SB this year. Gotta finish up a couple of others first, though!

jeff

Last edited by jefferyepayne; 02-01-2016 at 03:08 PM.