Thread: Sandy Koufax?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCoxDodgers3B View Post
I also mentioned elsewhere that although I feel it's genuine, I'd prefer to render an inconclusive opinion on this if I was to be independently authenticating it. Thus far, aside from Beckett, I'm seemingly the only person on the side of "authentic", to include a couple of people right here whose knowledge on the subject is not to be taken lightly. Their opinions don't sway my own feelings about the signature, but I really wouldn't want to have to defend this position over and over again. Experience dictates this is the type of item that you'd never hear the end about. It's pretty rare that I'd take such a stance. I'd rather just refund someone's submission money back to them rather than deal with the same headache time and time again. There are easier ways to make $100 or however much this costs these days. A polarizing piece, that's for sure.
My philosophy is this...even if proven to be an in person auto, if I have it in my collection and even a little doubt creeps in every time I look at it, then I'm not going to enjoy it in my collection. I'd rather spend more and get a typical Koufax auto. Opinions vary and that's where the polarization comes in. I'd be happy to have it though if I was the one that got it in person.
1955 Dodger Autographs...41/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete