View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 07:52 AM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Dan:

Sorry to see a fellow BB HOF RC collector getting out of the game but I totally understand. I had to make the same decision a couple of years ago. The only difference was that, in addition to the financial aspect of my situation, I had also reached a point where I was rarely able to pick up a "needed" item any longer as my collection had reached about 85% complete and the remaining items were either too expensive or too rare or oftentimes both. The thrill of the constant buying and selling was mostly gone and a downturn in my health which caused a lot of missed work and ultimately forced me to sell off my collection just to keep paying the bills every month was the final nail in the coffin for my BB HOF RC collection. I was able to keep a few of my favorite Negro League pieces but everything else is now gone, although I was able to buy some property with some of the monies, which has turned out to be a good investment for me. Unfortunately, my greatly reduced workload has resulted in a much lower income level and no discretionary income is left over to afford the kind of vintage baseball items that I enjoyed collecting so much over the years. I am thankful though that my health has returned to near 100% again after nearly two years.

Anyways, Dan, I wish you the best in the future and hope you find happiness with whatever you decide to do.

Phil
Phil,
First and most important, I'm happy your health is back. Thank You for sharing your experience as I also am in the same boat as you were as picking up new pieces that I need for my collection are rare and very expensive. I also find myself just accumulating multiples of cards and then having to sell them at a loss just to pay for the really expensive cards I just won.
Dan