View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Jason A. Schwartz

Default Ideas for displaying 1957 Topps team set

A favorite in my collection is my (probably very low grade) 1957 Topps Brooklyn Dodgers team set. Other than a $2 common I just got on eBay to finally complete the set, I pieced together all the other non-HOF cards by going to conventions in the late 1980s and thumbing through stacks and stacks of cards--still the most satisfying way to build a set short of opening packs.

What I hate, though, is that the cards just sit in a box. I'm looking for any suggestions for an affordable way to showcase the cards that doesn't ultimately damage them. (E.g., a local framing shop gave me a bid of $650 AND said they'd need to apply small dabs of glue to the back of each card!)

There are 26 cards in all: 24 player cards, a team card, and a Dodgers Sluggers card. And if 27 would help the display, I can put in my homemade '57 Jackie Robinson. And I am also happy to add bits of flair like my Ebbets Field postcard if it helps somehow.

If any of you have put together a comparable team set display you're proud of, I'd love to see a picture or steal ideas.