View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Default am i in the wrong!!!

Posted By: David Goff

Marty
Like Tom, I work at UPS, but at the main sorting facility. Use to be in the operation side, but since then moved on. Anyway, Marty you can submit for a claim yourself. Just go to www.ups.com and on the site there is a link to submit. Just put the tracking# in the correct field and they will contact you and more than likely inspect the package. They may contact the shipper as well. Not 100% sure.

If the package was damaged in the sorting facility, UPS will send the package back to the shipper and also mail them a check for the dollar amount they specified it was worth. UPS will insure up to $100 for free, anything past that amount there is a extra charge. I can't believe the package was delivered if it was crushed. You would think the driver would have noticed???

Also, since you paid via PayPal, you should file a claim with them saying the item was damaged. You're right, he should refund your money and then he get refunded by UPS. Not very good business ethics by him...it will come back to him I am sure.

Good Luck!!

David