View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 06:02 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
David,

I commend you, as did everyone else at the time, for exposing the 1927 ball in your collection as a forgery. Regardless of what one says, I seriously think very few people would have done what you did, and publicly out that ball, especially with the PSA/DNA certification. Most would have passed it on, regardless of what they may have stated on here publicly. I also think it is low to use your honesty in that matter, to attack you. Regardless of what others may state, this hobby of autograph collecting has become a dismal, unenjoyable, cesspool, of thieves, liars, politics, back stabbing, garbage. Even when someone does something right, a lot of people find something negative to say.
Dave, Mr. Atkatz knows the truth about that ball. Back in August 2011 I was suspicious of David's avatar (photo of the '27 ball). I then asked Mr. Atkatz if he wouldn't mind sending me photos of the ball, which he did.

The moment I received the photos I believed it was not authentic and that I had a feeling who did the signatures as I recognized the work.

It wasn't until we began being testy (during the Prisco incident) with each other that I was throwing Mr. Atkatz hints that his ball was no good. From what I recall, Mr. Atkatz went to a former authenticator and he confirmed to Mr. Atkatz that his "1927" ball was not authentic.

The fact is, it was me who first informed Mr. Atkatz about his '27 Yankees ball. This is not bragging, this is fact.