View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 11:56 AM
JeR@Me

Default T210-3 OB Update :

For those select few that love the T210 set, I wanted to draw your attention to something I noticed while studying the set. There are 3 "Oklahoma City" players (Bandy, Davis, Walsh) and 2 "Oklahoma" players (Jones & Nagel) that actually represent 1 team from the Series 3 subset. In case the OB collector's have not noticed, you can't get the Oklahoma City players in Orange. (Only Red) The only 2 Orange Borders available from this team are the 2 Oklahoma players, Jones & Nagel. I wonder if the variation of team names is as simple as the players uniforms ? The 3 OC players show Oklahoma City on their uniform, where as the 2 Oklahoma players only show a "O" and the other street clothes. Perhaps when the card mfg. assigned the team names the simple oversight was they looked at the players and assigned their team name according to the uniforms. Just found that to be a tad interesting at the micro T210 level. Carry on... Nothing to see here.

Thanks, JJ

P.S. My guess is there is a "C" on the other side of Nagel's (sleeve) jacket, but since it is not visible his card didn't get the Oklahoma City variation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3-Jones.jpg (86.3 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 3-Nagel.jpg (85.8 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 3-Walsh.jpg (58.8 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg Bandy.jpg (33.4 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg Davis.jpg (34.0 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 03-17-2012 at 03:38 PM.