View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Greg B.
Greg Bish.op

Thank you for the replies, its good to get confirmation of what I was just guessing about. Grading the HOF'ers etc. would seem to be the logical way to go if sending them in, my dilemma does come with the less valuable pins. The value on this issue is nominal in comparison to most "set/series" issued items of the era, so I wondered if there would be those who preferred them loose.
To me they seem to be treated like a hybrid of cards and memorabilia. I would think the card side would want the slab to coordinate/incorporate in with their graded cards and the memorabilia side would want something they can hold and display without a computer flip twice the size of the object. I wanted to see if anyone else thought this way.
I'm guessing the white paper backs are the second production run of these? I would have to look again, but I think all the large letter variations in the group have white. I've never given these much thought before because they are "just P2 pins", but having a stash of really nice ones like these has me appreciating them more.

GB

Last edited by boneheadandrube; 01-06-2015 at 12:08 PM.