View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:05 PM

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! To be perfectly honest, I'm not really that disappointed that the front was the work of "The Brow". Like Mike said, it actually adds to the lore of Dem Bums. Of course, having a genuine Jackie, Campy, and Gil would've been great, but I can't argue with what I have into it.

As for southpaws, what can I say? I've always been interested in those crazy lefties. Very under appreciated in the annals of major league history, so I guess I just root for the underdog. It doesn't hurt that I'm a lefty as well!

I started off by just going after HOF southpaws (There are only 11 attainble ones, but as for Waddell and Plank? Not in this lifetime).

As time went on, I expanded the theme to include major award winners, 100 game winners, notable achievements, etc... I'm now up to about 140 different ones...mostly signed 8x10s, but I also have about two dozen cut autos affixed to an unsigned 8x10.

Other than the HOFers, my tougher ones include Jesse Tannehill, Frank "Noodles" Hahn, and George "Hooks" Wiltse. Still searching for Slim Sallee, Hub Leonard, Lefty Tyler, George Mogridge, etc...

Anyway, thanks again and I'll try to contribute more material in the future.

Last edited by cjedmonton; 06-18-2012 at 08:11 PM.