View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 12:42 PM
David Peck

I don't profess to know a fraction of what you know about boxing or boxing cards/stickers. That said Mike Tyson is Mike Tyson. The most deadly fighter my generation has ever witnessed. Purest like you have always bashed Tyson and always will. Casual boxing fans like me and millions more are enamored with his accomplishments in the ring.

In terms of the sticker. A copy sold for $5,100 on EBAY. There aren't many boxing cards or stickers that ever have. The most famous I am aware of is the Leaf Graziano and obviously it isn't in that realm but popular none the less.

The comparison to Jordan isn't suggesting he is the necessarily the greatest of all time but more that a modern card that has a large population is the most liquid basketball card that exists. Actually the most liquid trading card that exists. There are plenty of Tyson's but because of his popularity it is still bringing great money and isn't close to as rare as some on the list.

I think a modern fighter should be featured in the top ten for sure and there is no question in my mind it should be Tyson.