View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 03:27 PM

Default 9/11

I had just returned from a business trip to NYC the night before.
Ironically, I stood at the base on the twin towers for my very first time on 9/10/01, less than 24 hours before the attack.

I was scheduled to have a late meeting locally in the Midwest on 9/11 and was downstairs eating breakfast when I got a call from my mother in law. When I answered the residential land line, which I never do, my mother in law said "Oh, Scott, you're in town? I thought that you were in NY?".
When I told her I had just returned home the night before, she told me to immediately turn on the news where they were showing a replay of the planes hitting the twin towers. I was speechless....

Needless to say, I was incredibly fortunate and my heart goes out to everyone that was in NY, or had friends and family that were in NYC on 9/11.

I visited the site of the twin towers in January of 2002. The memorial at the site and the visual is perhaps the most powerful memory of my lifetime and cannot be expressed in words.
For anyone that has not attended the 9/11 museum in NYC, I would highly recommend that you do so. My family & I visited the museum in 2018 & it is extremely well done and exceptional in every way.

Peace and never forget 9/11.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 09-12-2018 at 07:13 PM.