Thread: Mastro indicted
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Christopher Williams

I speak with my good friend Shelly a few times a week, and since Shelly was in the middle of Operation Bullpen from beginning to end, I asked him his opinion on the Mastro situation.

Let us examine the sentencing of the various Operation Bullpen participants.

Greg Marino received a sentence of four (4) years. Marion was charged with mail and wire fraud, income tax evasion and forgery. He did all of his time at a federal camp in Nevada. He ended up serving 2 ½ years, with 1 ½ years off for time spent in drug rehab.

Shelly was convicted of one count of mail fraud, income tax evasion and did six (6) months and two (2) years probation.

Mike Moses, Forgery and Mail and Wire Fraud. He received two (2) years and his wife probation.

Stan Fitzgerald (Stan’s Sports) sold millions in forgeries and spent less than two (2) years in jail.

Ten (10) other participants of Operation Bullpen did the same time as Shelly and ten (10) others did no time at all.

Wayne Brey, who turned everyone in, did six (6) months at a halfway house.

William Mastro was charged with one (1) count of mail fraud and some here think he will get seven (7) years?

Based on the aforementioned sentencing of Operation Bullpen participants, I don’t believe Williams Mastro will serve more than 2 to 2 ½ plus six (6) months at a halfway house and possibly five (5) years probation plus major restitution.

We can speculate all we want. Only time will tell.