View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7imel View Post
Call me crazy but the condition and value of the ball isnt something I would go out of my way to insure. Yes it is an authentic Ruth ball but I think you would spend more money getting it sent to the right person to get it authenticated/graded and appraised to be wort the trouble. After theft or damage deducteble was me what would be the purpose? Again you guys chime in if I am wrong.
I'd lean this way as well. The way I was taught to think about it, insurance in general is a losing proposition (that's how the insurance companies make their money obviously) so it's really there to protect you from the "can't afford to lose" situations. In this case there's nothing here to indicate that if the ball was lost/damaged that you would be in much worse shape.

I guess if it was only a few bucks to insure, why not. But personally I would spend a ton of money doing so unless there was good reason (at which point I would consider selling it unless there is a lot of personal value.)

That said, really cool item. And while as others have mentioned the condition is not great, even as is, it was immediately apparent from the style signature that it's an earlier signature.

Last edited by Topnotchsy; 03-11-2018 at 04:02 PM.