View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Matt

Default Crosley Field seats...

It's usually tough to 'find' anything at most antique malls, but my Dad and I got lucky in Fort Myers, Florida in about 2005. I asked the guy working there if he had anything baseball related and he said, yes, but it's in the back room. He proceeded to bring out these seats from Crosley Field. They were in 2 sections for a total of 6 seats with figural ends on each end. The bad news was that someone apparently sandblasted the original paint off them at an earlier date, but there was some original orange paint hidden in crevices and cracks around the seat brackets (I've also seen the Crosley Field seats in green, but don't know at what time the paint color was changed?). Overall, the seats were solid. He said the original owner had lived in the Cincinnati area and had them shipped to Florida after retirement as evidenced by a moving company shipping tag attached. The price? $300. The cost to get them 20+ hours north to Michigan? The mall owner had a buddy driving the next week to northern Indiana who offered to bring them the extra hour north for only $100...........Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0377.jpg (72.0 KB, 577 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0374.jpg (70.0 KB, 579 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0378.jpg (73.3 KB, 584 views)