View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 03:10 PM

Default Good eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
Carlton -
Amazing photos, as always. Thank you for posting them!

One item caught my eye that I knew I had read about before. It was the 1896 Football Calendar pictured near the top of Page 5 of your photos, in the right column (it's in the lower left corner of the photo frame).

I keep an archive at home of informative articles I've read over the years or pieces that I'm particularly interested in and l flipped through it last night.

Sure enough, I found the article I remembered, and it turns out that you wrote it! It's from the June 13, 2003 copy of SCD. Hopefully the scans can be read.

Below is your photo, with the scans I attached of the article you wrote. I wonder what booth this was from or who is selling it?

Thanks!
http://www.sportsantiques.com/PrangFBC1896.htm
Hey Brad, Good eye...Thanks for posting photos of the SCD story...that was a long time ago!...SCD edited out the original ending for their print version...which of course I think took away from the story...above is a link to the full version...Yeah John and Priscilla Ross had that...