View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 10:28 AM
Mike M.

I feel that the card is finally catching up to what people are willing to pay. I have one, and at these prices I'm not even close to being interested in selling. I view this card as my generations 1952 mantle. It had been described as a "unicorn" in the 90's. I remember the first time I saw one and was amazed. It was an $800 card in the 90's when I first saw it and I think it got as high as $2500 or so back then. It got beat up when the Shop at Home scandal broke and is just now regaining it's footing as Jordan's premier rookie card. I'm sure that a large majority of the population is tucked away without the intent of ever coming to market again, that's why it is taking higher and higher prices to pull them out of peoples collections. Is it a bubble? Who knows, but I'd rather ride the wave down then bet I can replace my Star 101 Jordan cheaper than they are now in 3 years.

When I got back into collecting the two big ticket cards I really wanted were a 1933 Goudey Ruth and the Star 101 Jordan. I'm sure there are other "kids of the 90's" that are getting back into collecting cards and that these two will be high up on the list of premier cards to obtain.

Last edited by mmier118; 04-18-2016 at 10:35 AM.