View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 10:40 AM

Default 1991-92 Skybox ... Derek Jeter?

Didn't the early 90's have some of the wildest graphics ever? Too bad the cards from that era were mass produced, otherwise I think I'd have a much greater respect for 1991 Donruss. Born out of the late 80's / early 90's were eye-popping graphics from some of our favorite shows growing up, like ...

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

#yoholmessmellyalater

Saved by the Bell

#kellywassodreamy

One of my twitter (my twitter handle is @tanmanbbfan ) followers sent this, because it fits perfectly in line with the theme...

So the other night I was thinking about Skybox, and how clean they were. I wasn't too terribly into basketball (well...ok, maybe a I was a HUGE Shaq fan for a few years) but I didn't really HEAVILY collect basketball. Anyway, I thought it would be cool to mash up some 90's pop culture with Skybox.

Raise your hand if you can PERFECTLY recite the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air rap....

Bonus points if you can sing the Saved by the Bell song in its entirety...

Those are all well and good, but I'm a baseball guy. How cool would it have been to have had a Skybox Derek Jeter?

Don't sleep on the "certified facsimile autograph", people!

It turned out so nice, I just had to make a real copy for my collection, as well as one without the certified fake auto

Obviously, I had to make one of my PC guy Canseco as well!

Imagine all the possibilities ... 1989 Fleer Troy Aikman ... 1991 Hoops Chipper Jones, etc. What cross-over card do you wish they made?

BTW, you are welcome to sticking the Saved by the Bell theme song in your head for the rest of the day