Thread: Mastro and Psa
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro and Psa

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Scott:

I understand your point here, but since you and I have been able to disagree in the past without it becoming personal, I'm going to take a risk and disagree with you again here.

You were the owner of the card, and you were willing to accept whatever was done to the card, in the interest of ensuring the card sold for a maximum price. I agree with both Jim and Daniel here. You yourself said you "allowed" the alteration to happen partially because you were getting out of the hobby anyway.

To blame the auction house when you, at any time, could have said no and let the card sell in its natural state - or even taken it back and given it to another auction house - seems awfully odd, particularly when I haven't seen anyplace where you state that you refused to take the money for the card that you claim to have been coerced into having fixed.

In the end you were complicit in doing precisely what you are now trying to stop. You yourself didn't pull the trigger, but you authorized the hit, figuratively speaking.

Which is fine - we all make mistakes and we all have lapses in judgement (I make mistakes every day). I think everybody understands your position on alterations, and most of us share your position. But trying to justify what was done to that card by claiming innocence and directing all the blame toward the auction house rings hollow. To continuously claim that Jim and Daniel are disagreeing with you because they have some agendas, when there are clearly issues with the statements you're making about the card, is also pretty hollow.

-Al

Edited to fix spelling before Barry got me.