View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 01:11 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Textbook does not equal PSA definition. PSA has two different definitions for miscut, which seems to be the confusion you're having.
The MC qualifier: Cards that exhibit an atypical cut for the issue, which may result in portions of more than one card being visible due to its oversized nature, will be designated "MC."

The other miscut, which is what you're talking about: "N-8 Miscut - This term is used when the factory cut is abnormal for the issue, causing the card’s edges to deviate from their intended appearance. Grading fees are not charged in this instance."
Seems that you're fighting just to fight, not to understand the difference. PSA should have not graded the Carew card at all (or given it Authentic) if the card is not square. I agree that they're INCONSISTENT with this practice. I have gotten many cards returned ungraded that have a much lower angle deviation than this card. In fact, someone posted a PSA 9 from 1972 with a much worse rhombus look to the cuts that should have also not been graded on their forums.
As for the Joiner, show me a scan of the back.

Man, you're hard headed. By your own words, PSA doesn't grade diamond cut cards, but 2 are posted in this thread. How many more do you need to see to know this isn't true?

Re-read the OPs original question. "What are your thoughts on how PSA handles cards with tilt or diamond cutting issues?" Can we just agree that the answer to the question is that they're inconsistent?

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 03-10-2019 at 01:13 PM.