View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Default negative and nuetral feedback

Posted By: Marc S.

As a buyer -- I will only leave a negative if the seller makes no effort to correct a situation. Because of retalitory negative feedbacks -- I often leave negatives (if at all) close to the 90 day expiration -- thereby limiting the opportunities that a retalitory negative will be left against me.

As a seller -- again, I only will leave negatives close to the 90 day feedback expiration. I, however, ALWAYS will fill out the non-paying bidder form. If an Ebay bidder gets three of those, they are suspended and subsequently booted from Ebay if it happens again. What saddens me is that I have seen quite a few sellers leave negative feedback for a non-paying buyer -- but they don't fill out the Final Value Credit Request. I am happy to say that my Final Value Fee Request has gotten more than one Ebay'er booted from Ebay. I sometimes wish I was more aggressive in leaving negatives -- but as a seller, the retalitory feedback is indeed a threat. Nonetheless -- as a seller, I do my best to get non-paying bidders removed from Ebay permanently (or at least until they can set up a new Ebay account...)