View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Why should they? Only a small group of people in the total population know about Net54. By the numbers you provided earlier, everyone can see it is a huge business that makes them a lot of money. They have no obligation to you.

Based on the way Herman Darvick (who I had never heard of before this thread) was treated by you when he tried to explain his position....I would also stay far away from this place.

My disclaimer- Autographs are only a small part of my collection, I think that they are never a sure thing unless they were signed in person and have only once gotten an autograph authenticated. I respect many of the autograph collectors here, however it is just too speculative for my taste.

Jeff
I wouldn't say Herman was abused either. Maybe we were a bit "animated"? He told us the back story and answered follow-up to it as well.

His explanation was thorough and told us what he remembered 18 1/2 years ago. he stands by his work then. He didn't get a chance to reexamine it, but stood behind his work 18 1/2 years ago. Love him or hate him, he came on like a professional to stand up for himself. I have respect for that.

You wont see PSA or JSA doing that...which is one of many reasons, professionals (not in this business) like me are sick of their smug NO HEAR, NO SEE, NO TELL attitude. F them. They have a responsibility to their customers and they shun everyone. Personally, I shun them and would never pay .01 cent to have them even certify a double cheeseburger from McDonalds.