View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 11:08 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

I'll post a review of this show as I was in attendance and of course always great to catch up with Mark M. It's been raining for the past couple of days but attendance seemed pretty strong to me.
No real big pick-ups for me but it's always good to thumb through some cardboard
I bought quite a few '65 Topps leaders cards for my dupes box including four #1 AL Batting leaders, one #2 NL Batting Leaders w Clemente and Aaron, one #3 AL HR Leaders w Mantle, two #4 NL HR Leaders w Mays, and some others too. Also '61 NL HR Leaders w Banks, Aaron, Mathews and then '64 Topps #7 NL Batting Leaders w Clemente and Aaron.
In a "bargain box" I actually found four hits to my '63 Post set and one hit to my '63 Jello set. $1 cards included three '59 Topps high numbers, and '61 Fleer #1 card w Baker Cobb and Wheat and the checklist on the back. Also a couple of low grade '52 '53 Mothers cookies for $2 each which I don't really collect.
One dealer had stacks of PSA graded cards $5 each I bought a 1958 Topps NY/SF Giants team card PSA 2 for my son a Giants fan, dealer had to be losing money on these?
Finally dealer had a stack of '69-'70 Topps basketball tall boys at $1 each I offered $20 for the stack (all commons) and we agreed $25 for 43 different or .58c each.
Again a good time and fun to get my hands on some cardboard.
Larry