View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
They did tell them that.
A few could have been held back but I don't think so. That family, with whom I met several of its members including the main gentleman dealing with the collection, were stellar folks and no way in heck would have played shenanigans or not been truthful. No way....I think they all came out in Heritage and are being traded after that from different venues and, sometimes, different holders.
Not suggesting that they're not being truthful or that they're being sneaky. I have exchanged a few correspondence with the family as well, and understand that their deal with Heritage was for 5 years, which expired this year. This would also be consistent with trying to sell some they had initially decided to keep. There were an awful lot of family members with vested interests in the collection. It wouldn't be at all surprising to keep a set or two for the family in memorium and then five years later -- once Heritage ran dry -- decide it's time to move on for any good reason or other.

The "different holders" argument doesn't make a lot of sense to me given the way the serial numbers -- that appear to have been set in a specific order in 2012 -- line up with the gaps I described above.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 11-01-2017 at 03:37 PM.