View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
Not suggesting that they're not being truthful or that they're being sneaky. I have exchanged a few correspondence with the family as well, and understand that their deal with Heritage was for 5 years, which expired this year. This would also be consistent with trying to sell some they had initially decided to keep. There were an awful lot of family members with vested interests in the collection. It wouldn't be at all surprising to keep a set or two for the family in memorium and then five years later -- once Heritage ran dry -- decide it's time to move on for any good reason or other.

The "different holders" argument doesn't make a lot of sense to me given the way the serial numbers -- that appear to have been set in a specific order in 2012 -- line up with the gaps I described above.
I didn't know their deal was a 5 yrs deal. Maybe some were held back, like I said, but I would be surprised. It wouldn't be the first time I have ever been surprised. As for the serial numbers I was talking in other graders (SGC) holders....