View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Default Bob P - please get your facts straight

Posted By: Todd Schultz

well, you see, Jeff, I don't attack you. I attack some of what you say as being arrogant, pompous, self-righteous, unnecessarily unyielding, and/or just plain wrong. Show me the personal attacks.

By contrast, you call me a bottom feeder, living in a podunk town. There's probably a shot or two about where I went to school in your various remarks about me in the past too, but I'm too tired to look or care. I'm also called bitter and angry. Who's attacking whom personally? Show me the personal shots I've taken at you. If you believe I'm wrong to suggest you're arrogant, pompous, self-righteous, unnecessarily unyielding, and/or just plain wrong, show me how and defend your position. As it is, you just take a "my school is better than yours (which argument became meaningless to most of us about a quarter century ago or more), you're not as successful as me, you don't live in as nice a city as me, you must be unhappy, lonely, etc" and such similar irrelevant positions as to what, make yourself feel better?

I and many others do indeed find some aspects of horse racing to be disturbing and sad. Still, to condescendingly refer to us as uncivilized rubes for still enjoying the sport in no way advances the ball, and shoots your credibility on the subject to zero, IMO. And you can try all you want to throw it back at me, but I'll just let the posted words speak for themselves, and let folks draw their own conclusions. Good night.