View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Default Bob P - please get your facts straight

Posted By: Tim

Cobby I don't think you know a lot about hunting. Let's take deer hunting as our example. I went last year a half dozen times or more. I scouted looking for rubs and scrapes trying to decern where the best likelihood the deer were going to be. I spent hours on the ground or in tree stands looking and waiting and I never pulled the trigger once. I did see deer, but where I hunt we hold ourselves to high standards to keep the population of deer healthy.

Hunters for the most part do eat what they kill. They're not savages just looking for the thrill of the kill. Watch any hunting or fishing show and you will see that people involved in these activities tend to be the most respectful and conscientious wildlife and their home. Sure there are bad people but the number is small in comparison to those that aren't.

The deer population is stronger and more numerous now then ever. Hunters are actually helping farmers and the numerous people you know that hit deer with their cars every year. If they weren't hunted there would be a population explosion.

Again, I can understand how someone would not want to hunt, it's not for everyone, but if you truly know what it involves I don't think you would call it cowardice.