View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
You guys helped me out with the TTM personalization question and it worked out!! I got the program in the mail yesterday, not personalized. So I come to you today for more advice....

I have a very very rare (but not old) program with two guys on the cover. One guy is an icon, while the other is famous and known, but not in the "superstar" status. The latter will be in the same place I am in on Saturday night, while the superstar is having a private signing in a couple of weeks.

My thought was to bring it with me on Saturday and try to get the one guy to sign it and if successful, send it away to the private signing finish it off.

What do I do if the following happens???

Me: "Mr. So and So, would you mind signing my program?"

Mr. So and So: "Sure, what's your name?"

Obviously, you know what I am asking. I know the second guy is not going to personalize it, so I would rather not have this guy sign it to me either. What can I possibly say to him if that happens so he only signs his name?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,
Matt
I would be honest with him. Tell him you plan on getting the other player to sign it as well, and because of circumstances, he probably would not have the time or frankly care to personalize it and you think it might look a bit odd hanging in your man cave like that. You may piss him off and he may not sign, but at least your reason is a decent one.