View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 07:22 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Default Anyone know about this Gorgeous George postcard I bought?

I have written often on here that I love the obscure, esoteric and hard to find. I am always skittish about BINs on eBay when I can't find any previous price history for an item. But I used yesterday's 15 percent offer on eBay to pick up this cool Gorgeous George postcard.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283030375791

SGC has graded four copies of the postcard, but PSA has not graded any examples of the item. I could not find any previous sales. But the image is cool, and I like the fact that it predates GG's two Parkhurst cards.

Have any of the wrestling collectors on here ever seen this postcard for sale before? The image is on GG's Wikipedia site, but I have found precious little info about the postcard itself. Anyone know how it was issued? I assume it was issued over multiple years, since SGC has graded the card as a vague "1940s" and "1950s" (or maybe no one has any idea when it was actually issued?).

Any chance it was sold at Gorgeous George's turkey ranch? That suggestion may be completely wrong, but I just wondered, since the flip does mention the turkey ranch he owned.

Last edited by Bored5000; 06-30-2018 at 08:25 AM.