View Single Post
Old 07-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Default VCBC is stronger than it ever was!

Posted By: Tom Lawrie

I buy my copy of VCBC in person, so I haven't had the pleasure of waiting for weeks for delivery. Issue #31 actually carries a Letter to the Editor discussing that very gripe. Here's the letter and Don's response:

"Does VCBC travel by pony express?

I'm glad to see VCBC again and hope it continues for many more months. My biggest complaint is the delivery time. I live in California and it takes 2-3 weeks for me to receive my issues of VCBC. There has to be a better way! What can be done about this nagging problem?

ed: Timely delivery of VCBC is a big problem. We ship presorted first class which is a new name for 'bulk mail.' Every subscriber copy is mailed the same day from the Baltimore, Maryland post office. Some people receive their issue on the west coast as quick as 3 days from mailing while others take 3-6 weeks. We've been told that the time of eventual delivery is up to your individual post office, some treat 'presorted' as regular first class mail while others treat it as 'junk mail' and it can sit in a corner for weeks. We recognize the problem and we're taking steps to resolve the problem. Hang in a little longer!"