View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 12:52 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Hearty congratulations, Dale, on your immense cachet of Post Canadian, as well as your beloved Bee Hives. You presented them beautifully.

I only have a pair of graded Bee Hives, and an ungraded Turk Broda from the early 60s when Bee Hive offered some all-time greats to go with their current player line. I envision a boy redeeming a valuable Bee Hive label to send away for a premium of his father's boyhood hero. I might be wrong, but I doubt it. Then again, dads would regale their sons with enthralling stories of seeing their own favorites at Maple Leak Gardens, or hearing Foster Hewitt wax lyrical about an impossible play ingeniusly pulled off. His words would become emblazoned in the son's mind, thus creating a hero over the airwaves!

The pose of the great Turk moved me deeply; I absolutely love it, and will pay the PSA piper to get 'er graded.

Hey, bro, do you purchase your '52 Topps bb raw, and then submit, or graded, or both? Send a PM, if you prefer.

Again, well done, my fellow collecting warrior! ---Brian Powell
Sorry for the late reply, Brian.

Great story, btw, and likely spot on with regards to the son's mind and being captured by the stories over the airwaves.

As far as my 52's go, I normally purchase raw but have purchased some already graded by all three of the big TPGs.

I have yet to send a card in to get graded and I don't know if that will happen anytime soon?
I would like to have my top cards, Mantle, Mays, Robinson and some of my better condition high number cards graded, but with the costs/exchange/shipping and the worry, it will be a while yet, if I ever do?

Thanks for the kind words!