View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 06:09 AM
Howard Chasser

Default I have done it....rarely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Unfortunately that NrMint looking Louis Soxalexis card came back from SGC with a Authentic grade.

It would be nice if people would just let an auction run it's course. I can't figure out how a seller thinks a card will sell for more from an offer than just letting it run. My theory is if they will offer that much they will also bid that much.

I have had one of the "sellers" on here cancel my eBay bid to pull the item and sell it to another member on here for less than my bid.
I have bought and sold on ebay for quite a while - I have sometimes tried to negotiate as a buyer an item to end early - sometimes trying to get a great "deal", sometimes just trying to avoid a bidding war that might send the item "higher" than the current market price. I have also been asked to do so as a seller - my general rule - If an item I list has a bid, I will not end it early. If it has no bid and believe I am familiar with the item and being offered at or more than I think the item would sell for, I accept the offer. If I am less or unfamiliar with the item, I usually let it run its course.