Thread: October Pickups
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 02:05 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Thanks man, I guess Xmas came early for me, I was not totally sure if i would grab it. What kept me in was the pure fact H&S sold one last week (sgc10) for 3k (which i was a underbidder on)..so i relaized what price range i needed to be in, and i was right at it, knowing it reach 2k, another reason i had bumped it that afternoon. It wil be one of the key cards to my RC collection and a nice investment indeed.
Ian(our prewar board member) bumped the price a few times later on and had a good shot. I consider myself lucky. So today i bought lottery tickets (Mega Million and PowerBall) one for 110 mill and the other for 200 mill.
I feel bad now Chris, because I probably cost you several hundred dollars! As said on the other pre war board, I was so so so close to punching one more bid. Had the total with BP calc'd out to $10 less, I may have, but it was right at that next round number ($3K) and I held back.

I guess these are my consolation prizes this month--
including one of the other Joe D "rookies"-
1936 Goudey R314 Joe Dimaggio rookie.jpg

... some signed cards-
1948 Bowman Yogi Berra signed.jpg1978 Topps Eddie Murray signed.jpg
1953 Bowman Stan Musial signed.jpg1978 Topps Paul Molitor and Alan Trammell signed.jpg

... and absolute proof how big a dork I am (had a bunch of extra bid bucks due to 4x Bucks offers and could not resist this relic of my childhood)
Star Wars Luke Skywalker 12 Back AFA 50 front.jpg