View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 03:56 PM
D@le Irv*n

Shipping fees, because they are normally in U.S. funds as well, factor large in my purchases.

In my quest for 52 Topps cards and others, I have turned down lots of cards due to high shipping fees.

If I see cheap or free shipping, those dealers will be getting the majority of my business, guaranteed.

Bit of a different story but just today, I was trying to pay an invoice for an Orr card I won last night.
Shipping was listed at $4.00 dollars but the 2nd and 3rd invoice read $9.58 for whatever reason? (I was sent 3 in total with only 2 minutes between them)
I contacted the seller and he explained to me, that after dealing with EBay for the last year about this problem, they still haven't gotten it right.

After a bunch of back and forth's he requested I also contact EBay and complain but luckily it never came to that as it was finally corrected after he contacted them yet again.

When I went to pay the first correct invoice through PayPal, it would automatically default to the higher shipping fee one.
Has anyone else ever noticed this before? Can EBay, despite what the seller lists his shipping as, override that shipping fee and charge more?

Was an eye opener for me to pay close attention that's for sure!

Last edited by irv; 12-02-2019 at 03:58 PM.