View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 01:45 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
You may be right, I looked for pics of Tenace with a beard and couldn’t find any. A lifelong A’s fan would probably know if it is Tenace or not.
He had a beard during the fall of 76'. -

The reason of this -

"On Sunday, October 3rd, after losing a 1-0 game to Nolan Ryan, their season was over. The unsigned members of the Oakland A’s were free to seek their fortunes elsewhere. An October TSN piece titled “Liberated A’s Give Champagne Party” detailed the scene in the Oakland clubhouse that involved over 30 bottles of bubbly.

These guys had become accustomed to season-ending celebrations and this one would be their last as teammates. Bill North, who actually had been signed and would be returning to Oakland in 1977 said, “This is to celebrate the liberation of the Oakland Seven”. Rollie Fingers’ parting comments included, “I feel sorry for anyone who has to play for this club next year.”

Fingers and Gene Tenace would move on to San Diego for the 1977 season. In 1981, Rollie would win the AL Cy Young and MVP award for the Brewers. Tenace would continue to amaze with his near .400 on base percentages coupled with his near .220 batting averages."

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 03-27-2024 at 01:48 PM.