View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 08:51 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

I think it's the most underappreciated postwar set. The fact that you can get so many vintage cards of HOFers for peanuts (don't care if it were their playing days or not) makes it incredibly collectible. Most importantly, I absolutely love the design. Can so easily imagine some 10 year old chap tacking up one of these, fresh out of the pack, bad boys on his bulletin board (much like I sadly did with several 93 topps Jeters). Looks like a background prop you'd see on Leave it To Beaver, which I find cheesy but wholesome and in a weird way very much needed as a vestige of how great the american culture once was (not trying to get political). I find it odd that people are willing to pay 10x for some Topps 2020 SP of one of these greats but completely overlook this set. The Gehrig is on the cusp on potentially becoming somewhat iconic (although that's a stretch), but the rest are incredibly affordable. I love the autograph versions and have thought about doing some type of psa/dna subset at some point.

Last edited by ronniehatesjazz; 08-01-2020 at 08:58 PM.