View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 07:49 PM
Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
But there's no reason to believe that that same person wouldn't have bid in extended bidding last night if the site had been running properly. It's not proof of any difference. I don't know why the assumption is that with a faulty ending suddenly people will be willing to pay more that they would have if things had run properly. It's a logical leap I'm not willing to make.
I find it very hard to believe that a previous bidder on such a key card that had ZERO action since 9/22 intentionally waited until the extended bidding beginning at 12 am to make an additional offer. The site went down at 12:03 for me and many others..... I don't think it's a leap at all to think someone wasn't actually waiting until the final 7 minutes (resetting the 10-minute clock btw) - really, who would risk that on such a card?

Is it possible? of course, it is! I definitely don't think it's a leap to think someone woke up to see they had another chance to take a shot at a much-desired card they had bid on earlier in the auction and decided to bid?

No leap either way - but a crapy way for the auction to have ended IMO.